Thursday, December 29, 2005

British Filmmaker Peter Greenaway reveals in an interview in the German daily Die Zeit that he plans to make a film about Rembrandt’s painting, The Night Watch.

Greenaway claims the painting was the ruin of the Dutch artist, because it "is full of indications of murder,” supposedly implicating influential members of Amsterdam society in the crime.

Have a look at the soldier in the white uniform. To the left of his hat you can see the end of a rifle barrel. A shot is fired from this gun. Someone is killed, and everyone in the painting is in the know. They cover up the murder. The painting shows a group of conspirators."

1 comment:

megantaft1036 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog