Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My protracted stay in Paris, and other writing, has brought posting here to a complete standstill....

---An overlooked but essential essay from the May issue of Le Monde Diplo: Stratagème de la droite américaine, mobiliser le peuple contre les intellectuels.

---Artnet's Ben Davis writes about the art world's recent fascination with the thought of Jacques Rancière. You can read a version of Ranciere's Politics of Aesthetics essay posted on KleinTheatre [worth a read], and here's an interview from an old issue of Radical Philosophy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joao, it's Elise (ex-Art Review intern a couple of years ago in NYC...). I just saw
that you are in Paris at the moment (where I live).
Want to meet up? When do you leave?
It would be fun to see you. Bisous Elise

Anonymous said...

Just realised you have no way of contacting me. I guess if you reply to this in your blog and we can sort it out that way. I dont really want to post my email add on the net!